|1 kg kg|| baby potatoes
(scrubbed and any larger potatoes cut in half)
|1|| bulbs of garlic
bulb of garlic|
(cut in half widthways)
(zest and juice)
|400 g g|| broccoli
|400 g g|| asparagus
(woody ends removed)
|olive oil olive oil|
|2 tbsp tbsp||parsley parsley|
|1 pinches pinch||chilli flakes chilli flakes|
Spring vegetables with lemon and garlic roast potatoes
Lighter days aside, new season spring vegetables are among the most exciting aspects of this time of year. Here dressed with lemon garlic and a pinch of chilli, the punchy flavours perfectly offset the subtle taste of the baby potatoes, asparagus and broccoli. Pair with your roast lamb, or try with our side of salmon recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the potatoes. Simmer for around 5 minutes until beginning to soften, then drain and leave to steam dry in the pan.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of olive oil into a large roasting tin and place in the oven to heat up. Once smoking hot, add the potatoes, garlic, lemon zest and seasoning and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- When the potatoes are 8 - 10 minutes away from being ready, heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Toss the broccoli and asparagus in a dash of oil and add to the pan. Griddle for 4 - 5 minutes, turning once, then remove and toss in the lemon juice, parsley and chilli flakes.
- Divide the vegetables between serving dishes and season generously with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.