|2||Sweet Pepper Stir In Pasta Sauce Sweet Pepper Stir In Pasta Sauce||
|1||butternut squash butternut squash||
|peeled, deseeded and cut into 1cm cubes|
|rashers of smoked back bacon, fat trimmed, cut into large pieces|
|250 g g||spaghetti spaghetti||
|peeled and chopped|
|1.5 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil||
|125 g g||baby spinach baby spinach||
|100 g g||feta feta||
Squash, bacon and sweet pepper spaghetti
Preparation time: 0:20 min
Fancy something a little bit different for dinner? This squash, bacon and sweet pepper spaghetti is a pasta dish is a great addition to your midweek meals. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables on the side, and perhaps a glass of Barolo to match.
- Put the squash in a microwave safe bowl with 6 tbsp water. Cover loosely and cook in the microwave for 8 minutes until softened enough to pierce with a knife.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the bacon for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp (you may need to drain away fat during cooking to help with crisping).
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving a little pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, fry the onion in the oil for 3-5 minutes until soft. Add the crispy bacon and cooked squash to the pan with the remaining oil and fry for 2-3 minutes to brown the squash.
- Add the spinach and wilt in the pan, then add the spaghetti and stir through the sweet pepper sauce. Heat through for 1 minute, loosening with the reserved pasta water.
- Divide the pasta between bowls and top with the feta and a few sprigs of basil.