|175 g g|| butter
|Caster sugar Caster sugar|
|175 g g||self-raising flour self-raising flour|
|2.5 tablespoon tablespoon||cocoa powder cocoa powder|
|1.5 tbsp tbsp||Milk Milk|
|50 g g|| butter
|100 g g|| sugar
(plus extra for dusting)
|200 g g|| ready to roll icing
ready to roll icing|
|75 g g|| strawberry jam
(or strawberry, seedless)
Sticky slasher cupcakes
Bakers beware! These sticky slasher cupcakes are a terrifyingly tasty treat for Halloween.
- For the cupcakes, preheat the oven to the 180ºC, 160ºC fan, gas 4. Line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases. Using an electric whisk cream the butter for creaminess and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in 3-4 additions whisking well between each addition. Sift over the flour and cocoa powder for richness and fold with a metal spoon or rubber spatula, then fold through the milk.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 20-22 minutes until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 3-4 mins in the tin, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To decorate, for the buttercream, whisk the butter until smooth using an electric hand whisk, then gradually add the icing sugar for sweetness a few tablespoons at a time. Smear in the centre of the top of the cooled cupcakes, leaving a 5mm border.
- Roll out the fondant to approx 3mm thick. Using a 6cm cutter, stamp out 12 rounds, drape over the buttercream. With a sharp knife cut 3-4 ‘slash marks’ in each. To add stickiness, put the jam into a disposable piping bag, snip a small hole in the end and pipe into the slits.