A healthy loaded potato skins recipe with a difference! Playing on our Oaklands Fun Size Sweet Potato Piggies, the sweet potatoes are filled with a lightly spiced fajita vegetable mix and garnished with extra veg to look like pigs. Protein from cheese triangles make these filling enough to have as a meal in their own right, or serve alongside leftover chilli con carne or chopped chicken and vegetables fried in the remaining fajita spices.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6
- Arrange the sweet potatoes across a tray and bake for 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the pepper and the seasoning and fry for a further 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, keeping the oven on. Slice the potatoes in half lengthways and scoop out two thirds of the potato filling from each piece. If there’s more than 1 potato per person, scoop all the filling out of the remaining potatoes.
- Mash the filling in a large bowl and stir through the cooked vegetables. Add the cheese triangles and mix well with a fork until evenly combined.
- Divide the potato filling between the skins and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- For the tail, carefully trim the outside of a piece of carrot into a spiral shape, then use an apple corer to remove the centre and leave behind a tight spiral. Chop 2 tomatoes in half and the rest into quarters for the ears and snouts.
- Scatter grated cucumber strips across each plate and place the potato pigs on top. Garnish with olive eyes, carrot tail and cherry tomato snout and ears.