|75 g g|| butter
|200 g g||flour flour|
|225 g g||sugar sugar|
|2 tsp tsp||baking powder baking powder|
|140 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|1 tsp tsp||vanilla essence vanilla essence|
|250 g g||pecan nuts pecan nut|
|200 g g||soft brown sugar soft brown sugar|
|250 ml ml|| water
|100 g g||chopped toffee pieces chopped toffee pieces|
Sweet and crunchy pecan cobbler
With a lovely bit of chew from the chopped toffee, this sweet and crunchy pecan cobbler is our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes for you to try. We’ve suggested ingredients to make this cobbler, which you can pick up in your local Lidl store.
1. Place the melted butter, 100g soft brown sugar and 125g pecans in an oven proof dish.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar with vanilla essence for sweetness, then fold in the milk. Spoon the mix into the oven proof dish.
3. To give your cobbler crunch, sprinkle on 125g of pecans along with the chopped toffee for chew and the final 100g of brown sugar. Top with 250ml of boiling water.
4. Bake at 180C for 40-45 minutes (loosely cover the top with foil if it starts to burn).
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream, maple syrup and some more pecan nuts.