For the pastry
|225 g g|| flour
|100 g g||butter butter|
|25 g g||sugar sugar|
For the filling
|80 ml ml||cider cider|
|150 g g|| apples
(peeled and grated)
|100 g g||golden syrup golden syrup|
|130 g g||porridge oats porridge oats|
|90 g g||honey honey|
|clotted cream clotted cream|
Sweet and fruity honeyed oat tart
A homemade treat which would make a great weekend dessert, this sweet and fruity honeyed oat tart is our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes for you to try. We’ve suggested ingredients to make this tasty tart, which you can pick up in your local Lidl store.
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus 40 minutes for chilling
- For the pastry, pulse together the flour, butter, sugar and egg, then wrap in cling film and chill for 40 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll out the pastry and line a 8” tart tin, then blind bake. Leave to cool.
- For the filling, put the peeled, grated apple for fruitiness together with cider in a pan, and bring to the boil. Reduce by half, then cool a little.
- Mix the golden syrup, porridge oats for chew, honey for sweetness, eggs and the zest of the lemon, then add the apple mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the tart case. Bake for 20-25mins at 180C.
- Cool a little and serve with clotted cream.