|200 g g||ground almonds ground almonds|
|300 g g||flour flour|
|120 g g||icing sugar icing sugar|
|300 g g|| butter
|2||egg yolks egg yolk|
|150 g g|| dark chocolate
|200 g g|| cherries
(stones removed and chopped)
|100 g g||blueberries blueberry|
|100 g g||raspberries raspberry|
Sweet and summery berry crumble bars
Take picnics to the next level with these fruity summer berry crumble bars. The dark chocolate adds a little extra indulgence, just right for lazy weekend alfresco lunches.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4. Line a 21cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Blitz together the flour, sugar, butter and half the almonds for bulk in a food processor to form a fine breadcrumb-like mixture.
- Weigh out 125g of the breadcrumb mixture and set aside. Stir the egg yolks into the remaining mixture and bring together to form a dough. Tip the dough into the lined tin and scatter over the dark chocolate chunks to add richness. Slide into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After this time, remove the tray from the oven and scatter the cherries for tang and raspberries for sweetness along with the blueberries, over the top of the dough. Mix the reserved breadcrumb mixture with the remaining almonds and sprinkle this over the top. Return the tray to the oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then slice into 20 squares.