Scottish chef Tony Singh’s chicken recipe is perfect for summer barbecues. The skewers are flavoured with Scottish cheese, yoghurt and Tandoori spice, served up a fresh, crunchy summer salad. Don’t forget to allow enough time for the chicken to marinate before cooking.
- Begin by preparing the chicken. Arrange the chicken pieces across a dish and cover with the tandoori spice, half the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix well, then leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheese coating. Finley chop then ginger and garlic and place in a large bowl. Add the cheese and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until smooth, then add the remaining lemon juice, coriander, cream and yoghurt to the bowl. Stir until combined, seasoning with pepper to taste, then mix through the chicken and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight
- On the day of serving, soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using. Preheat the grill to 200°C
- Thread the marinated chicken pieces on the skewers and grill for 10-12 minutes on each side, turning as they begin to colour. If required, brush the chicken with a little melted butter midway through cooking
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Wash all the ingredients and chop the peppers, cucumbers, onion and tomatoes into chunks. Stir through the lime juice and season to taste, then add the honey and mix again. Add the rocket to the salad and top with the grilled skewers, serving immediately