|200 g g||white lasagne sauce [INT] White lasagne sauce|
(medium, thinly sliced lengthways)
|125 g g|| red lentils
|375 g g|| chestnut mushrooms
|160 g g|| lasgane sheets
|500 g g||Onion and Garlic Tomato Pasta Sauce Onion and Garlic Tomato Pasta Sauce|
|60 g g|| cheddar
|olive oil olive oil|
Tangy and rich veggie lasagne
Preparation time: 0:15
Hearty and warming, this tangy and rich veggie lasagne takes no time at all to cook, making it a real winner for midweek dinners. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables and try pairing with a glass of Nero d’Avola Terra Siciliane.
- In batches, fry the courgettes for adventure in a little oil in an ovenproof pan for a minute or so each side until lightly charred. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, rinse the lentils in cold water, then boil for 15 mins until soft.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the lasagne sheets to the pan one by one and cook for 8 minutes until al dente. Drain and keep cool in a pan of cold water.
- Add a dash more oil to the ovenproof pan and fry the mushrooms for bulk for 3-5 minutes, seasoning well. Add the drained lentils, tomato sauce for tang and 50ml water, simmering for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pasta sheets in half lengthways, adding to the sauce along with the courgettes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring gently, then remove from the heat.
- Spoon over the white lasagne sauce and top with the cheddar for richness. Cook under a hot grill for 3-7 mins until golden and bubbling.