|400 g g|| sweetcorn
(drained and patted dry)
|400 g g||butterbeans butterbeans|
(zest and juice)
|0.5 tsp tsp||chilli flakes chilli flakes|
|100 ml ml||extra virgin olive oil extra virgin olive oil|
|100 ml ml||sour cream sour cream|
For the topping
|2|| red peppers
(charred, peeled and deseeded)
|100 ml ml|| oil
For the flat bread
|375 g g||self-raising flour self-raising flour|
|375 g g||plain yoghurt plain yoghurt|
|1 tsp tsp||salt salt|
Tangy charred corn dip with simple flat breads
This tangy charred corn dip with simple flat breads would make a great starter or snack, and is our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes for you to try. We’ve suggested ingredients to make these bites, which you can pick up in your local Lidl store.
- For the dip, dry fry the corn for approximately 10 minutes until well charred.
- Then pulse with the butterbeans for bulk, the juice and zest of the lime for zing, chilli flakes, olive oil and sour cream for tang, until smooth. Season to taste.
- To make the topping, slice the charred red peppers, peeled and deseeded and mix with the chilli oil.
- For the bread, mix together the self-raising flour, yoghurt and salt, then leave for 20 minutes.
- Roll out into 100-125mm circles and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm with the dip.