|125 g g||feta feta|
|100 g g||Greek yoghurt Greek yoghurt|
|1|| garlic cloves
(zest and juice)
|200 g g||asparagus asparagus|
|1 sheets sheet||ready rolled puff pastry ready rolled puff pastry|
|200 g g|| radishes
|5|| spring onions
(cut into thirds)
|1 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|100 g g||frozen peas frozen peas|
|80 g g||pomegranate seeds pomegranate seed|
|240 g g||Green salad Green salad|
Tangy feta and spring vegetable tart
Fresh and zingy, this tangy feta and vegetable tart is a great idea for weekend lunches. Packed with earthy asparagus and tangy feta, serve alongside two portions of your favourite vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- To make your creamy base even more flavourful, use feta for tang and crush 100g of it in a bowl with a fork. Stir in the yogurt, garlic, lemon zest and half the juice, seasoning with plenty of black pepper.
- Unroll the pastry and score a border 1cm from the edges. Spread the feta mix over the pastry to cover up to the score line.
- For the spring veg, use asparagus for earthiness and combine with crunchy radishes and sweet spring onions. Toss together in a bowl with the olive oil and some seasoning, scatter over the top of the tart. Transfer to a lined tray and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the frozen peas in the leftover oil in the bowl and scatter them over the tart for the final 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Bring an extra hit of fresh flavours before serving by crumbling over the remaining feta along with pomegranate seeds for fruitiness and a squeeze of lemon to add zing. Dress the salad leaves with another good squeeze of lemon and plenty of seasoning.