|1 bottles bottle||Barbecue Sauce Barbecue Sauce||
|Batts Tennessee Style|
|2 tsp tsp||dried chopped garlic dried chopped garlic||
|2 tsp tsp||paprika paprika||
|1 kg kg||beef brisket joints beef brisket joint||
|500 ml ml||beef stock beef stock||
|2||sweet potatoes sweet potato||
|medium in size|
|1.5 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil||
|150 g g||plain yoghurt plain yoghurt||
|1 pinches pinch||chilli flakes chilli flakes||
|200 g g||radishes radish||
|4||spring onions spring onion||
|100 g g||mange tout mange tout||
|finely sliced lengthways|
|4||Brioche Burger Buns Brioche Burger Bun||
|halved and toasted|
Tennessee brisket bun with slaw and sweet potato fries
Preparation time: 0:20 min
This Tennessee brisket bun with slaw and sweet potato fries is a great recipe for when you’re taking things slow on lazy weekends. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables and if you have any leftovers, sandwich leftover brisket, fried peppers, onions and grated cheese between two tortillas and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side to make a quesadilla.
- Rub the garlic and paprika over the brisket and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 150ºC/130ºC fan/gas mark 2.
- Transfer the brisket to a roasting tray. Mix the BBQ sauce with the stock and pour over the meat, then cover with 2 layers of foil and cook gently in the oven for 4 hours, until the meat is tender and falling apart.
- Meanwhile, make a dip by mixing 100g of yoghurt, the juice of ½ lime, chilli powder and some seasoning, chilling until required.
- For the slaw, mix the remaining yoghurt with the juice of ½ lime, ½ tbsp olive oil and some seasoning in a large bowl. Add the shredded vegetables and mix well.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin fries and toss in the remaining oil. Season well, then add to the oven 45 minutes before the beef has finished cooking.
- Once the beef has come out, turn the oven up to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6 to finish off the fries for a final 15-20 minutes. While they’re cooking, carefully pour the sauce from the roasting tray into a saucepan and simmer until thick and glossy.
- Slice or shred the beef, then pour over the reduced sauce and mix well. Fill the buns with some beef and top with the salad. Serve the extra salad, fries and the dip on the side.