|2||white breakfast muffins white breakfast muffin||
|sliced in half|
|200 g g||smoked salmon smoked salmon||
|100 ml ml||semi-skimmed milk semi-skimmed milk||
|cut into wedges|
Toasted muffins, smoked salmon and lightly scrambled eggs
Learn how to make perfect scrambled eggs with this elegant breakfast recipe, the ideal dish to serve up on special occasions. While easy to prepare, it's the little details - such as the soft buttered muffins and fresh chives - that make it taste like such a treat.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Arrange the muffin slices across a baking tray and brush each slice with a thin layer of butter. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare the eggs. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and, in a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and a pinch of salt.
- Once melted, pour the egg mixture over the butter and stir continuously as it begins to cook, using a scraping motion to ensure no egg sticks to the bottom (a heatproof spatula works best).
- Once the egg begins to thicken, remove the pan from the hob and onto a board, continuing to stir as the egg cooks in the residual heat of the pan.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and place 2 slices on each plate. Scoop the eggs over the top and lie the folds of smoked salmon to the side. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, black pepper and a pinch of chives to serve.