|500 g g||cherry tomatos cherry tomato||
|250 g g||mozzarella mozzarella||
|1 packs pack||basil basil||
|olive oil olive oil||
Tomato and mozzarella bruschetta
This bruschetta recipe is topped with tomato, mozzarella and basil, the classic combination used in a traditional Italian Caprese salad. It makes a wonderful starter, or a delicious light lunch served alongside a green salad. Enjoy with a chilled glass of our Prosecco Spumante.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the tomatoes and arrange across a wide dish. Season generously with salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil and set aside to rest at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, discard the ends of the baguette and slice the rest into even pieces - aim for 2 - 3 pieces of bread per person.
- Brush the bread lightly with oil on both sides and place under a hot grill. Toast on both sides until lightly golden.
- Drain the mozzarella and tear into small pieces. Shred the basil leaves and set aside until required.
- To assemble, layer up each slice of bread with pieces of tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves. Drizzle over a little more olive oil, season with salt and pepper and serve.