|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|2|| red onions
(sliced 1/2cm thick)
|2|| sweet potatoes
(medium, peeled and diced into 2cm cubes)
|300 g g|| snack peppers
((2 x 150g packets) sliced 1 cm thick )
|1 tsp tsp||dried oregano dried oregano|
|1 tsp tsp||smoked paprika smoked paprika|
|1 tsp tsp||cumin cumin|
|0.5 tsp tsp||cinnamon cinnamon|
|1 tsp tsp||ground coriander ground coriander|
|0.5 tsp tsp||chilli powder chilli powder|
(for zest and juice)
|1 tbsp tbsp||malt vinegar malt vinegar|
|1 tbsp tbsp||dark brown soft sugar dark brown soft sugar|
|400 g g|| kidney beans
(tin, drained and rinsed)
|400 g g||tortilla chips tortilla chip|
|250 g g|| Red Leicester
|100 g g|| feta
| hot sauce
For the tomato salsa
|300 g g|| British Marvellous tomatoes
British Marvellous tomatoes|
|200 g g|| British Golden Blush tomatoes
British Golden Blush tomatoes|
|1|| red onions
|1 - 2|| green chillies
|0.25 tsp tsp||cumin cumin|
|0.25 tsp tsp||ground coriander ground coriander|
Vegetarian supreme nachos
Absolutely packed with flavour, these nachos come topped with feta cheese for an interesting twist, along with all the hot and smoky deliciousness from the herbs and spices.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C fan.
2. Mix the oil, red onion, garlic, sweet potatoes, peppers, dried oregano and spices, vinegar, sugar, orange zest and juice, salt and pepper to taste in a roasting tray and bake for about 30-35 minutes until caramelized and soft. Stir it once or twice in this time to prevent it from sticking and burning. When done, mix in the red kidney beans.
3. Oil an oven-proof baking dish/tray and place half of the tortilla chips in the bottom and top with a half of the vegetable mix, then half of the Red Leicester cheese. Make another layer with the remaining ingredients ending with the grated Red Leicester on top.
4. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Whilst it’s baking, make your salsa by mixing all the ingredients together.
5. When the nachos are ready, sprinkle over some of the crumbled feta along with some of the salsa or serve all the accompaniments separately in small bowls for everyone to choose their toppings along with extra hot sauce, if desired.