This steak salad recipe makes the perfect meal if you’re looking for something a little lighter, as it’s low carb but packed with flavour and strips of juicy pink steak. Pair with a glass or two of our Cimarosa Californian Zinfandel Rosé for the perfect wine match.
- Mix the soy sauce, olive oil, garlic and chilli together in a bowl. Put the beef in the marinade and toss until evenly coated, then leave to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- While the beef is marinating, make the dressing. Mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, oil and honey in a small dish until thoroughly combined and set aside until required.
- Peel and cut the cucumber into batons, slice the radish very thinly and finely chop the spring onions.
- Drain the beef from its marinade and pat dry on kitchen paper. Add a dash of oil in a frying pan and place over a high heat, then add the steaks to the pan. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes (or longer if you prefer), turning frequently, then remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the dressing into the same frying pan and warm gently over a medium-low heat - be careful not to boil the dressing. Add the frozen peas to the pan, then remove the pan from the heat and allow them to defrost in the warm liquid.
- Mix together the salad leaves, cucumber, radishes, spring onions and herbs in a large bowl and pour over two thirds of the dressing. Toss well to coat, then divide the salad between plates.
- Season the beef generously with salt and pepper and drizzle over the remaining dressing. Slice very thinly and arrange evenly over the salad, serving immediately.