|100 g g||red lentils red lentil|
(peeled and finely chopped)
(trimmed and finely chopped)
|1 tsp tsp||cumin cumin|
|0.5 tsp tsp||cinnamon cinnamon|
|2 tbsp tbsp||tomato purée tomato purée|
|1 cans can|| Chopped tomatoes with herbs
Chopped tomatoes with herbs|
|125 g g||halloumi halloumi|
|olive oil olive oil|
Warming lentil-stuffed aubergines
Forget stuffed peppers - these loaded aubergines make a lovely light meal, and are a healthier spin on Mediterranean moussaka.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/ 180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the aubergines cut-side up in a roasting tray and brush with oil. Season and bake for 25 minutes.
- To add bulk, boil lentils for 10 minutes. Fry the onion, courgette and spices, including cumin for warmth and cinnamon for sweetness in 1 tablespoon of oil for 3 minutes, then stir through the tomato purée.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes, seasoning and 50ml water. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven and score the flesh lengthways, pushing down with the back of a spoon. Preheat the grill.
- Top the aubergines with the lentil filling and halloumi for extra chew. Grill until golden and crisp, serving with salad.