|250 g g||oatcakes oatcakes||
|100 g g||butter butter||
|400 g g||tablet tablet||
|grated, or whizzed in a food processor|
|300 g g||cream cheese cream cheese||
|700 ml ml||cream cream||
|malt whiskey malt whiskey||
Whisky and tablet cheesecake
Preparation time: 0:35 min
Rich, creamy, and with a delicious kick of Queen Margot whisky, this recipe developed by chef Tony Singh,combines a true taste of Scottish produce - from oatcakes to tablet - with a decadent dessert that’ll be a crowd pleaser for any occasion.
- Lightly butter a 24cm spring form cake tin, or individual rings.
- Make the base by combining the oatcakes, 100g of tablet mix and butter and press into the base of the tin.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Mix the tablet into the cream cheese and taste. Add whisky to taste, then gently fold in the cream.
- Spoon the cream mixture over the top of the base and cover. Chill for at least 6 hours (24 hours if possible) before carefully decanting and serving in wedges.
- Garnish with mint leaves, strawberries and raspberries.