|500 g g|| new potato
(large ones halved)
|1 tablespoon tablespoon||olive oil olive oil|
|1|| garlic cloves
|200 g g||baby spinach baby spinach|
|1 bunches bunch|| mint
(samll, leaves picked and finely chopped)
(peeled into ribbons)
|30 g g|| Parmesan
|1 pots pot|| Hummus
(red pepper flavour)
|100 g g||Green salad Green salad|
Zingy greens tortilla
A great dish the whole family will enjoy, this tortilla recipe brings together wonderful smoky red pepper with zingy mint. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables on the side.
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 15 minutes, or until easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain, cool slightly, then chop into thick slices to add bulk to the tortilla.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof, non-stick frying pan and fry the onion for 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Add the spinach to the pan and allow to wilt for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Beat the eggs in a jug and plenty of seasoning, stirring in most of the shredded mint for extra zing.
- Scatter the potato slices into the pan and pour over the eggs, swirling the pan so the mixture reaches the edges. Shred the courgettes into ribbons for bite and lay in the pan in loose swirls. Cook for a little longer, just 3-4 minutes, then sprinkle over the grated cheese and slide the pan under the grill for five minutes.
- Allow the tortilla to cool then spread the top with the red pepper houmous to bring smokiness to the dish. Toss the salad leaves and remaining mint with the zesty lemon juice and some seasoning and scatter over to serve.