|450 g g|| halloumi
(chopped into chunks)
|8||tortilla wraps tortilla wrap|
|3 tbsp tbsp||Kanpur Garden tandoori curry powder Kanpur Garden tandoori curry powder|
|100 g g||plain yoghurt plain yoghurt|
|1 tbsp tbsp||lemon juice lemon juice|
|1 tbsp tbsp|| olive oil
(plus extra for greasing)
|250 g g||plain yoghurt plain yoghurt|
|0.5 - 1 handfuls handful|| mint
(small, stoned, peeled and cut into small cubes)
|1|| Red chillies
(deseeded and finely chopped)
|0.5 - 1 handfuls handful|| coriander
|0.5|| red onions
(peeled and finely chopped)
Zingy mango and halloumi wraps
A filling, tasty halloumi wrap recipe that would work well as a midweek lunch. The spicy tandoori marinade on the cheese is offset by a cool, minty raita and zingy mango salsa.
- Begin by making the tandoori marinade. Mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil and curry powder for kick. Coat the halloumi pieces in the marinade, cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the raita and salsa. Mix the raita ingredients, cover and chill. For zing, mix the mango salsa ingredients together, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Thread the marinated halloumi pieces onto skewers, reserving any leftover marinade. Brush a hot griddle pan - or barbecue - with oil and cook the halloumi skewers over a high heat for 5 - 7 minutes, turning regularly and brushing on any remaining marinade.
- Once the halloumi pieces are golden and beginning to charr, remove the pieces from the skewers and set aside.
- Warm the wraps for 20 seconds each in a microwave, then fill with the tandoori halloumi for chew, raita, mango salsa and lettuce for crunch.