With crisp Prosecco and a tangy kirsch cream, this granita recipe makes an elegant, grown up dessert. A piping bag works best for the topping, if you have one – try making your own by filling a freezer bag with the cream and snipping off a corner.
- Mix the sugar and the cherry liquid together in a pan and bring up to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
- Mix in the Prosecco and pour into a thin tray or freeze-safe tub – the shallower the container the quicker it will freeze.
- Transfer to the freezer and freeze for 3-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until frozen and slushy.
- Meanwhile, mash the cherries with a fork and leave to rest at room temperature until ready to serve.
- For the cream mixture, beat together all the ingredients with an electric whisk until it forms stiff peaks. Transfer to a piping bag if you have one, or chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, chill the glasses in the freezer for 5 minutes, then divide the mashed cherries between glasses.
- Remove the Prosecco granita mixture from the freezer and mix through a little lemon juice. Spoon into the glasses on top of the cherries and sprinkle over the lemon and lime zest. Pipe or spoon dots of cream mixture over the top and serve immediately.