This vegetarian tart would make a colourful meat-free centrepiece to a family meal – any leftovers would be delicious served cold in a lunchbox or as part of a picnic.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Arrange the pepper and sweet potato across an ovenproof dish with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a griddle pan grill the courgettes until charred, then add the red onions and sauté with a little oil until soft.
- Roll out the puff pastry very thinly until it’s roughly the same size as a baking tray. Line the baking tray with baking parchment and carefully place the pastry over the top, ensuring there’s a rim around the edge.
- Prick the pastry all over with a fork and brush generously with beaten egg. Place in the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove the pastry and veg from the oven and turn down the heat to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Brush the pesto over the pastry and scatter the cooked vegetables over the top, followed by the feta cheese and tomatoes. Brush the edges with more beaten egg, sprinkle over the dried oregano and return to the oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar and dress with the freshly torn basil leaves and mixed seeds.