|1 pinches pinch||cinnamon cinnamon|
|1 pinches pinch||baking powder baking powder|
|75 g g||blueberries blueberry|
Blueberry banana pancakes
Start the day right with this healthy banana pancake recipe, studded with juicy blueberries for extra colour and flavour. This dish was developed with help from The FA nutritional team to help you fuel your little footballers before a match.
- Chop the banana into pieces and use a fork to mash until smooth.
- Add the egg and keep beating with the fork - the banana mix should be smooth but not completely puréed, or the pancakes will be flat.
- Stir through the cinnamon and baking powder until completely mixed in, then add a handful of the blueberries.
- Place a heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat and grease with cooking spray or a little butter.
- Add a spoonful of pancake mixture to the pan, smoothing down with the back of the spoon to form a small circle. If you are using a large pan, try cooking more than one pancake at once.
- Cook the pancakes over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the tops begin to bubble. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook for a further 1 minutes.
- Once cooked, slide the pancake onto a plate and keep warm while you repeat the process with the remaining mixture - aim for around 3 pancakes per person. Serve in stacks, scattering over any remaining blueberries.