|600 g g||steak mince steak mince|
|1 - 2||garlic cloves garlic cloves|
|2 tins tin||chopped tomato chopped tomato|
|1 tins tin||kidney beans kidney beans|
|1 packet packet||chilli con carne seasoning chilli con carne seasoning|
|0.5 packs pack||coriander coriander|
|leaves and stalks finely chopped|
|2||beef stock cubes beef stock cubes|
|made up into 380ml stock|
|2 - 3||spring onions spring onion|
|300 g g||long grain rice long grain rice|
Chilli Con Carne
Preparation time: 0:10 min
You can’t beat a big pot of chilli con carne - ultra savoury, filling and very versatile! The leftovers will make a filling meal with baked potatoes later in the week.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to a large non-stick pot, and cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the mince and cook for a few minutes until browned.
- Add the peppers and the seasoning and stir to mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coriander stalks and the beef stock and the kidney beans, stir through and bring up to the boil.
- Reduce heat down to a simmer, and cook with the lid on for 25 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, cook the rise according to packet instructions, keep aside and keep warm.
- Serve the chilli with a sprinkling of chopped coriander leaves, spring onions and rice.