For the pastry
|175 g g||plain flour plain flour|
|50 g g||cocoa powder cocoa powder|
|100 g g||butter butter|
|50 g g||icing sugar icing sugar|
|50 ml ml||water water|
For the filling:
|400 ml ml||double cream double cream|
|1 dash dash||vanilla extract vanilla extract|
|40 g g|| butter
|50 g g|| sugar
|400 g g||milk chocolate milk chocolate|
|100 g g|| prunes
For the whipped mascarpone:
|200 g g||mascarpone mascarpone|
|150 ml ml||double cream double cream|
|1 tbsp tbsp||icing sugar icing sugar|
Chocolate and Prune Tart
This rich, creamy chocolate and prune tart is our twist on one of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes. A delicious dessert for the festive season, pick up all ingredients in your local Lidl store.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and butter until it resembles damp breadcrumbs. Add the icing sugar and water. Cover and chill for 30 mins.
- Roll out the pastry and drape in the 200mm tin and bake blind at 200c for 15 mins. Remove the baking beans and cook for an additional 10 mins until golden.
- For the filling, bring the cream, vanilla and sugar to the boil and pour over the butter and chocolate for richness.
- Sprinkle the tart base with prunes for stickiness, then cover with the ganache – chill ideally overnight.
- Combine the ingredients for the whipped mascarpone and serve with the tart for creaminess.