|125 g g|| butter
|75 g g||Caster sugar Caster sugar|
|150 g g|| flour
|20 g g||cornflour cornflour|
|40 g g|| pecan nuts
|40 g g|| dates
|0.5 tsp tsp||vanilla essence vanilla essence|
|150 g g|| milk chocolate
|Multi-coloured strands Multi-coloured strands|
Chocolate, date and pecan shortbread
Preparation time: 0:25
This Ramadan we've teamed up with Instagrammer, YouTuber and mum Anisa, to share some of her favourite Ramadan recipes - like this chocolate, date and pecan shortbread. She says, "growing up, Ramadan and Eid was a special time for me and my family and I want it to be the same for my kids. So I treat them with this lovely, sweet treat for Ramadan and Eid."
This recipe takes 25 minutes plus cooling time.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas mark 3. Line 2 baking trays with parchment.
- Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the flours, pecans for crunch, dates to add power and a hint of vanilla for sweetness. Bring together to form a soft dough.
- Briefly knead the dough, then roll out to 6mm on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes using cutters, spacing the biscuits out across the lined trays - they’ll spread as they bake.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden, then remove from the oven and arrange on a wire rack until cool.
- To decorate, break up the milk chocolate and microwave in 20-second bursts until melted. Dip a corner of each biscuit in the chocolate and garnish with sprinkles for colour.