|cut into equal-sized chunks|
|2 tins tin||butter beans butter beans||
|1 cartons carton||tomato passata tomato passata||
|2 tins tin||Chopped tomatoes with herbs Chopped tomatoes with herbs||
|2||garlic cloves garlic cloves||
|2||frozen garlic bread baguettes frozen garlic bread baguette||
|250 ml ml||chicken stock chicken stock||
Chorizo and butter bean stew with garlic bread
Preparation time: 0:10 min
This hearty stew makes a delicious dinner served up with some garlic bread from the freezer. The best part is, by keeping aside some leftovers, you have a brilliant beanie topping for baked potatoes later in the week!
- Add the chorizo to a large non-stick pot on the hob over medium heat, and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, or until it starts to turn brown.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan, and fry on a medium heat for a few minutes, before adding the chopped tomatoes, passata and stock.
- Add the butter beans, stir well and bring up to the boil before reducing back down to a simmer, cover and cook on a low heat for around 20 minutes.
- Whilst the stew is simmering, bake the garlic bread in the oven according to packet instructions.
- Check seasoning before serving, and serve the stew in bowls with the warm garlic bread.