|icing sugar icing sugar||
|for dusting on top|
|6 oz oz||butter butter||
|6 oz oz||self-raising flour self-raising flour||
|1 tsp tsp||vanilla extract vanilla extract||
|10 oz oz||double cream double cream||
|0.5 jars jar||strawberry jam strawberry jam||
Miniature Victoria sponge cakes
Preparation time: 0:10 min
This miniature Victoria sponge cake recipe is courtesy of My Lidl Community member @happygirl, and they’re oh-so easy to make. These sweet little cakes would be perfect served with afternoon tea at home.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and whisk up until nice and creamy.
- Then add the vanilla essence and the flour and mix together until no lumps have formed.
- Fill a fairy cake or muffin tin with paper cake cases, then spoon the mixture into the cases and bake in the oven at 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, whip the cream for the filling. You can either leave it as it is, or for a sweeter taste, add some icing sugar.
- When the cakes are cool, cut them in half and spread the jam, then a spoonful of whipped cream and sandwich together. Finish with a sprinkle of icing sugar on top.