|1|| butternut squash
(peeled and chopped)
|100 g g||dried cranberries dried cranberry|
|2 inch inch||ginger ginger|
|1 tsp tsp||paprika paprika|
|75 g g||pecan nuts pecan nut|
|100 g g||cashew nut cashew nut|
|150 g g||porridge oats porridge oats|
|1 bags bag||parsnips parsnip|
|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|1 pinches pinch||salt salt|
Quick to make when time is of the essence this Christmas, try this nut roast recipe, created by influencer Madeleine Shaw. Serve with Madeleine's Brussels sprouts recipe and another portion of your favourite vegetables.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C / gas mark 5.
2. Cut squash into small cubes.Drizzle over olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
3. Bake for 40 minutes until golden and cooked through. Reduce the temperature to 180°C / gas mark 4.
4. For the last 10 minutes add the nuts onto the tray to toast them.
5. Fry the onion with olive oil for 5 minutes add the garlic, ginger and spices paprika fry for another minute, add the cranberries and take off the hob.
6. Allow the nuts to cool. Pop the onion mix, squash, nuts, oats and egg in a processor and process until it fully combines.
7. Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes. Roast parsnips in olive oil. Serve together.