This Buddha bowl recipe contrasts colours and textures for a veg-packed meal that’s as healthy as it is beautiful. For a Mediterranean twist, swap the rice for couscous and top the lot with crumbled feta.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with kitchen paper and tip into a large baking tray with the sweet potato.
- Sprinkle over the spices, toss everything in a generous splash of oil and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes, then toss the baby corn in a little oil and add to the tray.
- Cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through, the chickpeas are crisp and the corn is slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, make the beetroot slaw. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste, chilling until ready to serve.
- For the dressing, mix the sour cream dip and lime juice with a little water to loosen.
- Chop 1 lime into wedges and set aside. Halve, stone, peel and slice the avocados, drizzling over juice from the remaining limes to prevent browning.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions and divide between bowls along with the roasted vegetables, beetroot ‘slaw, avocado, cucumber and a drizzle of dressing. Serve with the lime wedges on the side.