|200 g g||chantenay carrots chantenay carrot||
|250 g g||radishes radish||
|1 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil||
|1 tbsp tbsp||icing sugar icing sugar||
|100 ml ml||vegetable stock vegetable stock||
|200 g g||broccoli broccoli||
|stems and florets halved|
|100 g g||frozen peas frozen peas||
|10 g g||mint mint||
|15 g g||butter butter||
|chopped into small pieces|
Rainbow glazed vegetables
These buttered vegetables are a delicious side dish that will look great too, thanks to the vibrant contrasting colours. Serve in a bowl in the centre of the table for a special Sunday lunch.
- Place a large lidded frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Slice the carrots and radishes in half and add to the pan, then add the sugar and stir-fry the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring up to a simmer. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and peas to the pan, replace the lid and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until all the stock has absorbed.
- Add the mint and butter to the pan and toss to evenly coat the vegetables in the butter and herbs.