|50 g g|| butter
|2 tbsp tbsp||wholegrain mustard wholegrain mustard|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Runny Honey Runny Honey|
|1.1 kg kg||30 day matured dry aged beef joint 30 day matured dry aged beef joint|
(rashers smoked honey crued)
|400 g g|| kales
(juice and zest)
Roast beef with honey mustard butter and crispy bacon with pan-fried zesty kale
Streaky bacon locks in the flavour of a honey and mustard butter rub, as well as creating a crispy, salty outer shell in this comforting roast beef recipe. Served with zesty buttered kale, it makes a hearty and impressive Sunday lunch dish. The flavours of this dish would be perfectly matched with a glass of our Mendoza Malbec.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place half the butter in a small bowl along with the mustard and honey. Mash with a fork and mix well.
- Cut several slits in the top of the meat and remove the string, then rub the butter mixture evenly over the top. Lay over the bacon rashers, overlapping slightly and tucking under the joint to maintain the shape.
- Tie 3 new pieces of string around the joint, place in a baking tray and roast for 1 hour 10 minutes for medium - if the meat begins to brown too quickly, cover with foil.
- Once cooked, remove the joint from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, prepare the kale. Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan, add the garlic and heat for 1 minute. Add half the kale and lemon zest and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the remaining kale and cook for a further 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir through the lemon juice and season. Serve with the roast beef.