|320 g g||ready rolled puff pastry ready rolled puff pastry|
(peeled, halved and cored)
|50 ml ml||water water|
|100 g g||Caster sugar Caster sugar|
|25 g g||butter butter|
|1 tsp tsp||vanilla essence vanilla essence|
|1 handfuls handful|| pine nuts
Sweet and fruity pear tarte tatin
This sweet and fruity pear tarte tatin is our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes. We’ve suggested ingredients to make this tasty dessert - which you can pick up in your local Lidl store.
- Firstly, put water in a heavy bottom pan that’s suitable for oven cooking, and sprinkle over the sugar for sweetness. Heat until the sugar melts, making sure you don’t stir. Simmer until it turns golden, and then stir in the butter.
- Then add the pear halves for fruitiness, ensuring they’re packed tightly in.
- Being careful of the hot pan, press the pastry into the pan, all around, and trim, brush with egg wash then cook at 200C until the pastry is golden, which should be about 25 minutes.
- For the topping, whip the mascarpone for creaminess, and a tsp of vanilla essence together and spoon onto each slice.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts if you wish.